Friday, September 24, 2010

Long Live Comedy @ the Dog and Parrot May 11th 2010

Long Live Comedy @ the Dog and Parrot May 11th 2010

George back Mcing again. He’s getting good at this compare malarkey even if sometimes he is a bit hard to understand! (Not my words!) Paul Gerrard up first, who to my knowledge MCs apart, has played more gigs in the club than anyone (expect maybe Sharon Race, but its close at least!). He did his hits and I think he used some music for a change, maybe he didn’t but that’s all I can deceiver from my notes!

After the break was John Thornley, with an interesting stance, don’t laugh at me, it was his first ever gig. He did some TV themed material and some impressions as well. Funny, but with a rather un comfortable section about Geordies own Heather Mills. Other brave subjects were approached especially considering it was his first gig; he also had some good rants in there for extra measure. Howard Lee up next with some new stuff and stuff I can’t read in my notes (sorry Howard!). Jared Jess Cooke up next with new stuff, Australia and daft laws and traffic parties.

No comments: