Thursday, December 14, 2006

12th Dec. Where were you?

A weird one this week. Possibly it was too cold, or maybe everyone is waiting for next week's extravaganza, but only 3 people turned up. And as we'd also had some acts cancel, it was a pretty empty room. Here's the view from the stage at 8.40, when we were starting to get worried...



Here's the 'stage' at 9 when we started the show anyway...



It was actually a nice night, as Al said in his blog...

"Last night at our regular tuesday night gig we had an audience of 3. This has happened approximately 3 times since last March, and it is an artefact of the time of year, and the fact that it was a horrible day outside.

This should have made the night a complete washout, but it didn't. Instead we sat around chatting, moved the mic (which we never used) to the middle of the room, and did the show anyway. It was intimate, interspersed with a lot of interruptions and chat, and was probably the best night I have had at long live comedy."

And it was fun. Al says it was the most enjoyable one yet. And for us it was, without the stress of taking money, queing acts, watching time or even worrying about being funny I had a great night. Of course, maybe sitting around chatting is simply more fun than watching a proper comedy show. That might be why sometimes only 3 people turn up.

Anyway- here are the survivors who made it all the way...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a great night!
I was gonna leave as soon as I'd done my set but I was enjoying myself so much I decided to stay.

Flash