Sunday, August 27, 2006

22nd August.



A short round up this week, as I (Pete) was compere and I had too much to worry about without taking photos and watching the other acts. I think I scraped by, but I don't yet have the compere skills that Callum has developed over the past year. I should probably stick to weird acts as the prince/beck inspired song 'ladies, ladies, ladies.' was propbably the best thing I did- and much more successful than my attempts to banter with the crowd. For the record we had on Tom Lyons, Tom Mitchell and Lewis Burgess and they were all great, but I can't remember what any of them said. Steffen Peddie was our headliner, another comic getting ready for his hour long show during October's comedy festival, on our very own stage.

This weeks comp was definitions again, and the winner was El Gibsteroni, who came up with 'plush- the noise a posh toilet makes.'

If anyone can remember anymore, leave a comment!

No photos this week, but the selection of old pics includes -me onstage somewhere else; From last week Regan who won the comp. amd headliner Scott Tyrell with his text messages; and one of our fans waiting for his pint.

No comments: